Tuesday, March 12, 2013
The following information was supplied by the Wayland Fire Department.
- POLICE & FIRE
Tuesday, March 12
The Wayland Fire Department answered 43 calls for assistance during the week of March 4-10, 2012. This is a summary of those incidents excepting standard inspections and training. Monday, March 4, 2013 11:32 a.m. - 317 & 241 Boston Post Rd, fire alarm system work 11:47 a.m. - Nobscott Rd Sudbury, medical emergency, one person transported to MWMC Framingham 11:58 a.m. - 19 Shawmut Ave Ext, inspection of oil tank removal and installation 12:42 p.m. - Indian Dawn, medical emergency, one person transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital 2:22 p.m. - 33 Pleasant St, service call 6:21 p.m. - Green Way, medical emergency, one person transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital 6:39 p.m. - Commonwealth Rd, medical emergency, one person transported to …
Monday, March 11, 2013
The Wayland fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide alarm over the weekend and found a scary situation.
The Wayland Fire Department said drifted snow was to blame for a potentially deadly carbon monoxide situation over the weekend. On Saturday morning at 8:30, Wayland firefighters responded to 100 Draper Road where they found a father and two young boys waiting for them outside their home. Wayland Fire Capt. David Houghton said the Wayland Fire Department was responding to a call about an alarm sounding and an odor of natural gas in the area. When firefighters entered the home through the garage, their carbon monoxide readers quickly registered dangerous levels of the odorless, but deadly gas. The fire department notified the gas company, Houghton said, and turned off the gas outside the home before donning full protective clothing, …
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Here are some tips for carbon monoxide safety.
In this season of chilly temps, chimney fires and space heaters, carbon monoxide poisoning poses a real danger. The Wayland Fire Department responds to numerous carbon monoixde alarms, particularly in the winter season, as evidenced by this recent fire log. Carbon monoxide (CO) is a poisonous gas that typically comes from heating equipment, gas stoves, fireplaces and hot water heaters and generators, among other fuel-burning items. It's also found in automobile emissions. Winter is the peak month for carbon monoxide emergencies, and fire departments deal with thousands of such emergencies across Massachusetts each winter. Unlike other gasses, carbon monoxide has no odor or color, making it impossible to detect without a special detector. …