- The Wayland Warriors (7-3, 3-0) will come into Thursday's game with a newly won Dual County League (Small) title to their name.
- The Weston Wildcats (3-7, 0-3) started the season with three straight wins, but have struggled since. They're coming off a tough home loss to Boston Latin.
- The game will be held at Wayland High School again this year, so that it can be held in Weston during its tercentennial in 2013.
- Kickoff is 10 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 22.
- $8 at the gate for spectators in sixth grade and up.
- Pop Warner players in their jerseys will receive free admission when accompanied by a paying adult.
- 2nd Annual Wayland Alumni Assocation and Community Thanksgiving Breakfast - The pancake breakfast will take place from 8 a.m.-10 a.m. at Wayland High School. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased online or at the door.
- Annual Powder Puff Game - This tradition will take place on Wednesday, Nov. 21 at 2 p.m. at the Wayland High School Stadium. Admission is $5 or free with two non-perishable food items. All proceeds benefit Parmenter Food Bank.
- Wayland Habitat for Humanity Project - Volunteers for the Stonebridge Road project will be selling foundation blocks, which will go into the duplexes built on the site, as well aw opportunities to sign those blocks. For more on the foundation blocks, check out this article from the Patch archive.
- Wayland topped Weston in the 2011 game by a score of 22-20.
- Weston last won the annual Turkey Day game in 2010, when the Wildcats topped the Warriors 28-21 in a game held at Weston High School.