The seventh annual Wayland XC Festival drew runners from around the region to participate in races at Wayland High School on Sunday, Oct. 7.
Runners participated in a variety of races, including a 5K event as well as age-based 3K events. The festival benefits the Wayland High School cross-country teams.
While Wayland runners didn't top the list in the overall 5K category, Wayland runners did take the top spots among male and female high school runners.
Some results are below. For full results check out the results page on CoolRunnings.com.
TOP FINISHERS -- 5K
- 5K Top Overall: Adam Mallek; Millbury, Mass.; 16:31 (1st)
- 5K Top Female: Amelia Landberg; Boston; 18:20 (26th)
- 5K Top Finisher from Wayland: Brodie Miles; Wayland; 18:49 (42nd)
- 5K Top Female from Wayland: Maggie Hojlo; Wayland; 21:55 (80th)
TOP FINISHERS -- 5K (High school)
- 5K Top Overall High School: Alexander Lowen; Wayland; 19:00 (1st)
- 5K Top High School Female: Maggie Hojlo; Wayland; 21:55 (5th)
TOP FINISHERS -- 3K (11-14 age group)
- 3K Top Overall: Jacob Seavey (14 y.o); Bradford, Mass.; 11:31
- 3K Top Female: Clare Martin (13 y.o); Newton, Mass.; 11:45
- 3K Top Finisher from Wayland: Graham MacKlin (13 y.o.); Wayland; 12:00
- 3K Top Female from Wayland: Jackie Fitzgerald (11 y.o.); Wayland; 15:54
TOP FINISHERS -- 3K (1-10 age group)
- 3K Top Overall: Frederick Sell (10 y.o.); Brookline, Mass.; 12:22
- 3K Top Female: Meaghan Woolbert (10 y.o.); Bradford, Mass.; 12:38
- 3K Top Finisher from Wayland: Billy Caddoo (9 y.o.); Wayland; 16:09
- 3K Top Female from Wayland: Silvija Grava (8 y.o.); Wayland; 18:43
We've included a stock photo from a prior Wayland XC Festival. If you have images from this year's race, please upload them to the article.