Row for 1 hour with Wayland-Weston Crew
- All ages welcome to Pancake Breakfast –
Learn To Row The Wayland-Weston Crew Team invites residents of all ages to come down to the Wayland Town Beach and join us for a “Learn to Row” and Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, September 22, 8:00 am – noon. This fun, annual fundraiser for the nationally recognized Wayland-Weston Rowing team has grown every year. Experience first-hand why rowing is the fastest growing sport for all ages!
Here’s your chance to get in a boat for a “Learn to Row” session on beautiful Lake Cochituate. See what it’s like, whether you are a Middle School or High School student who might be interested in High School Crew, or an adult who just wants to try it out. (Min age: 13 yrs.) You will be accompanied by experienced rowers and an experienced coxswain and one of our excellent coaches.
Fast facts for the Learn to Row:
- Row with your child, or row with friends, or have your child try rowing with friends. We’ll help you start!
- Reserve your time and your spot in the boat now: www.doodle.com/c4dzs9a95vtnrsi4
- Check in at the boathouse. You will meet with one of our coaches and your fellow rowers.
- One of our coaches will introduce you to the basic stroke and the equipment.
- You will join seven other rowers, including experienced rowers from the team, and an experienced coxswain, and row around lovely Lake Cochituate.
- You do not need any prior experience.
- You should wear athletic clothing that is close fitting (tights, bike shorts or similar). Use layers on top, depending on the weather.
- You will learn by doing. A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Bring a friend!
Pancakes When you are done, enjoy a pancake breakfast. You deserve it after rowing!
Ergathon While you are at the beach, cheer on the high school team as they row thousands of kilometers on rowing machines in order to raise money for their equipment. It's the rowing equivalent of a walkathon.
Breakfast and learn to row, $30; just breakfast, $10.