1. Why did you become a police officer?
Castagno: I have a family history of public service. My brother and mother are both nurses, and most of the men in my family were in the Marine Corps. I always wanted to help people, and I knew a career in law enforcement would give me many opportunities. I also grew up in Wayland; therefore, I wanted to give back to a community that gave so much to me and my family.
2. What is the most bizarre/unique call to which you have responded?
Castagno: Only one call really comes to mind. I was asked by Sudbury to assist in looking for a suspect that fled on foot. By pure luck, the suspect just so happened to run right by me while I was checking an area, and I was able to place him under arrest. I was just in the right place, at the right time.
3. Can you describe your specific job/role on the police force?
Castagno: I am a patrolman. I answer calls for service, conduct motor vehicle stops and investigate motor vehicle accidents.
4. If stranded on a desert island, what three items (not people) would you want to have with you?
Castagno: The only three items I would need, would be the following,
1. Fishing rod
3. Plenty of bait
5. If money, space and time were no object, what would you collect?
Castagno: I would like to collect antique coins.