1. Why did you become a police officer?
Castagno: I have a family history of public service. My brother and mother are both nurses, and most of the men in my family were in the Marine Corps. I always wanted to help people, and I knew a career in law enforcement would give me many opportunities. I also grew up in Wayland; therefore, I wanted to give back to a community that gave so much to me and my family.
2. What is the most bizarre/unique call to which you have responded?
Castagno: Only one call really comes to mind. I was asked by Sudbury to assist in looking for a suspect that fled on foot. By pure luck, the suspect just so happened to run right by me while I was checking an area, and I was able to place him under arrest. I was just in the right place, at the right time.
3. Can you describe your specific job/role on the police force?
Castagno: I am a patrolman. I answer calls for service, conduct motor vehicle stops and investigate motor vehicle accidents.
4. If stranded on a desert island, what three items (not people) would you want to have with you?
Castagno: The only three items I would need, would be the following,
1. Fishing rod
3. Plenty of bait
5. If money, space and time were no object, what would you collect?
Castagno: I would like to collect antique coins.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something