The Wayland Fire Department confirmed on Sunday afternoon that a kitchen fire caused $250,000 in damage to a Cochituate Road overnight.
As a result of the flames, the family is currently unable to live in the property due to smoke, heat and fire damage throughout, the Fire Department said in a press release.
Firefighters were dispatched to the scene after a 911 call came in from the home at 212 Cochituate Road. Upon arrival, Shift Captain Andy Holland found heavy smoke and fire showing from the house, prompting a second alarm call to bring off duty firefighters and a crew from Weston to the scene.
The home, about 500 feet from the road, was difficult to access because the street was overgrown with trees and shrubs, according to the Fire Department press release.
Because of the access issues, only one engine and one ladder were able to reach close range near the home.
Though no firefighters were injured while fighting the flames, the homeowner was transported to the hospital for further evaluation.
Red Cross volunteers assisted a woman displaced by the fire and provided her a two-night stay a hotel, cash and emergency clothing, according to the Red Cross.