Mouse over the pins in the map for information about police or fire activity at that location. The same information, as well as items that cannot be mapped, is provided below.
A special note for this week's log: There were multiple calls related to downed trees and wires throughout Hurricane Sandy. We've included a few of the more interesting calls below, but this is certainly not a comprehensive list of all the downed wires, fallen trees and power outage calls dispatch received during the storm.
- 10 Deer Run, Oct. 24, 3:07 p.m. – Caller reported driving over a manhole cover and seeing the cover come off, exposing the sewer to the street.
- 44 Edgewood Road, Oct. 24, 4:09 p.m. – Attempted carjacking. See "Police Identify One Suspect in Attempted Carjacking, No One in Custody" for more information.
- 28 Pequot Road, Oct. 24, 5:19 p.m. – Unidentified animal reported trapped in recycle container. Officers responded and released the animal.
- 5 Concord Road, Oct. 25, 3:45 p.m. – Officer responded to a verbal argument over a parking space in the Wayland Library parking lot.
- 308 Stonebridge Road, Oct. 26, 10 p.m. – Report of two gunshots in the area.
- 22 Glezen Lane, Oct. 28, 10:37 a.m. – Caller reported being “almost hit by a car” while on her bike.
- 213 Boston Post Road, Oct. 28, 5:12 p.m. – Arrest of Elias Breit. See "Wayland Police Arrest Suspect in Attempted Carjacking" for more information.
- 26 Williams Road, Oct. 29, 1:22 p.m. – Report of a youth firing a handgun. Logged as a weapons violation.
- 44 Old Connecticut Path, Oct. 29, 3:16 p.m. – Officer reported a tree had fallen on his cruiser.
- 250 Concord Road, Oct. 29, 4 p.m. – Report of a tree falling on a house.
- 188 Commonwealth Road, Oct. 29, 5:58 p.m. – A portion of the roof blew off of Wayland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.