At 4:25 p.m. Tuesday, police arrested Joame DeSouza, 40, of 15 Second St., in Framingham following a motor vehicle stop.
According to a press release, an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for loud exhaust. A records check revealed that the driver did not have a license and that the vehicle registration had been revoked.
DeSouza was arrested on charges of operating after a suspension and operating after revocation of registration. Back at the station, police discovered DeSouza also had two outstanding warrants. She was booked and will be arraigned at Framigham District Court, according to the press release.
Earlier in the day, at 9:17 a.m., Harry Palmer Brown, 28, of Glezen Lane in Wayland was arrested on a warrant for failure to attend jury duty. He was transported to Framingham District Court.
For other police news, mouse over the pins in the map for information about what took place at that location. The same information, and sometimes additional information, is available below. Please note, not all log items have a specific address that can be mapped. In those cases, the information is only presented below in text form.
Additionally, this is only a sample of the items in the police log. Patch prints all arrests and other items we deem most interesting to Patch readers.
- 264 Old Connecticut Path, Jan. 18, 3:12 p.m. - Caller reported items missing from WayCam studio.
- 3 Snake Brook Road; Jan. 19, 3:13 p.m. - Caller reported a sick fox. The fox, it turns out, was just sleeping and left when an officer arrived.
- 6 Brooks Road; Jan. 20, 11:26 a.m. - Caller reported a tree fell on her car while driving. She was uninjured and the responding officer found minro damage to the car when a large pine tree fell.
- 24 Grove Street; Jan. 20, 11:38 a.m. - Tree down with wires entangled.
- 115 Boston Post Road; Jan. 20, 11:38 a.m. - Tree down with wires entangled. It was found to be blocking part of Route 20, requiring the road to be shut down.
- 154 Plain Road; Jan. 20, 12:05 p.m. - Tree down with wires entangled. The road was blocked by the tree and susequently shut down.
- 97 Boston Post Road; Jan. 20, 1:18 p.m. - Tree down with wires entangled.