A Wayland Middle School student glued his left eye shut while working on a school project Tuesday morning, according to the Wayland Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to the school at 8:10 a.m. and found the 12-year-old boy had been slightly burned by hot glue and had temporarily glued his eye shut, according to Wayland Fire Chief Vincent Smith. The student had been working on a school project.
The student's left eye was slightly inflamed and he suffered from minor pain Smith said.
Because the injury involved his eyes, the student was taken to a trauma center in Boston, Smith said.