The final week of June through the July 4 holiday, (June 26-July 4, to be exact) proved a busy time for Wayland police officers who carried out numerous arrests on a variety of charges during that period. Below is a summary of those arrests:
- 21 Leary Street; June 26, 8:28 a.m. - Police arrested Jennifer Coppell on a warrant issued for failure to appear on numerous criminal charges. Police arrested Coppell, a Wayland resident, and transported her to Framingham District Court. Coppell had been arrested in May on multiple credit card-related charges.
- 211 Commonwealth Road; June 28, 8:40 a.m. - Police arrested Luigui Choche, 41, of Waltham following a motor vehicle stop for an expired inspection sticker. During the stop, officers discovered several violations and place Choche under arrest on the following charges: Operating on a suspended license; use of a stolen RMV document; no registration in possession; uninsured motor vehicle; registration suspended; no inspection sticker; an equipment violation for a broken windshield; and two counts of improper display of license plates.
- Boston Post Road; June 29, 4:15 p.m. - Police arrested Maynor Rivera, 39, of Framingham after an officer observed the driver fail to stop for a stop sign at Pelham Island Road and Boston Post Road. During the stop, the officer learned that the driver was unlicensed and arrested Rivera on charges of operating without a license and failure to stop for a stop sign.
- 114 Main Street; June 30, 6:20 p.m. - Peter Hepp, 22, was arrested on a Natick Court default warrant for assault and battery of a 60-plus/disabled person.
- 340 Commonwealth Road; July 1, 8:49 p.m. - Police conducted a traffic stop on David Hoffman, 37, of Framingham, that led to his arrest. He was arrested on charges of operating with a suspended license, no insurance, a revoked registration and possession of fireworks.
- 264 Old Connecticut Path; July 2, 1:30 a.m. - Gina Nardone, 48, of Framingham, was placed under arrest after an officer observed her vehicle crossing the center line on Route 27. Nardone was charged with operating under the influence of liquor, a marked lanes violation, and having an expired registration.
- Boston Post Road; July 2, 8:07 p.m. - Cleisson Amorim, 34, of Marlborough, was arrested on charges of operating without a license and driving an unregistered vehicle. An officer observed an expired registration sticker and conducted a registration query that revealed the vehicle's registration to be expired. The subsequent traffic stop revealed that the operator was unlicensed.
- 41 Riverview Avenue; July 3, 3 p.m. - Police responded to the address after a report of a disturbance at the location. Following an investigation, police arrested John Abbott, 19, of Wayland on charges of domestic assault and battery.