What Businesses are Coming to Wayland Town Center?
- "I drove by this area yesterday and took a good look after someone had brought to my attention who is going into Town Center. Are you kidding me? Congrats to everyone in Wayland !!! We are now going to fully compete with all the chain store shopping centers in Natick and Framingham. No need for us to suffer Rt. 9 traffic any longer!! We will now have our very own Rt. 20 traffic and it will be worse. But it will be so worth it - where else will we be able we find such unique dining such as Panera and Bertucci's? Or such specialty food shops like Stop & Shop? Let's hope a McDonald's is not far behind !!! To quote someone's comment above, "disgraceful." Wayland was sold a bill of goods. Period. The damage is done. No going back. So what area of Wayland will be next? The classic rock back, The Who, sang "We Won't Get Fooled Again." Yea, right. Sure." -- Rich R.
- "Felt the tremor, but sustained no damage." -- Thomas Turner
- "My whole house shook and I ran outside to see if anything hit my house." -- Maureen O'Brien Tarantino (on the Wayland Patch Facebook page)
Where Should A Crosswalk Be Added in Wayland?
- "We definitely need a crosswalk on Rt. 126 and Bow Road, just north of the town library. Many pedestrians from the surrounding area use that crossing because the the walking route is so terrific (Bow Road and up to Mill Pond). But that intersection is incredibly dangerous because of the width of Bow Road at that point, the speed of traffic, and curves in Rt. 126 that limit visibility." -- Teresa
- "I dont really feel the comment about a proposed drive thru is quantified. Bank of America has one. Middlesex has one. TD bank has one. If a drive thru is what will bring a CVS to the site, then so be it. Wayland needs the commercial taxes, and it would really be a sin to chase a potential developer away over something as arbitrary as a pharmacy drive up, that realistically, wont be that busy." -- Wayland Excavating