Frankenstorm is headed our way. Regardless of how significant the storm's impact may be, there are some key things you can do to prepare for the heavy wind and rain which seem certain.
- Secure any potential projectiles! Move and tie down furniture, especially umbrellas. Take down flags. And of course the Halloween scarecrow and witches on brooms should be brought under cover so they don't end up taking flight.
- Place potted plants and garden ornaments in the garage or under some cover.
- Harvest the last of your vegetables.
- Clean out the gutters and down spouts. Clear off drainage grates so water can flow.
- Park your vehicle in a place to avoid fallen tree and limb damage.
- Check the sump pump (if you have one) to ensure proper functioning. If we lose electricity, it would be good to have buckets available.
During and after the storm monitor gutters and drains and clear, as needed. If you have recently had a new landscape installed, the soil is still pliable and the plants not established, therefore it is likely that the storm will disrupt it.
Our crews will be out with chain saws and ladders performing storm cleanup. If you need help, call, text or email at any hour. firstname.lastname@example.org