Update (July 15, 5:30 p.m.): Here is an at-a-glance version of what to expect regarding traffic, transportation and the memorial service seating.
- There will be no parking at First Parish. That lot is reserved for the Astley and Dunne families as well as people participating in the service.
- Shuttles from several satellite parking lots will operate from 9:45 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Satellite parking will be available at the Wayland Town Building, Trinitarian Congregational Church, St. Ann's Parish, Temple Shir Tikva, Camp Chickami and the Islamic Center of Boston.
- Indoor seating at First Parish will be limited to the Astley and Dunne families and friends, as well as First Parish members.
- Trinitarian Congregational Church will provide audio and video feeds of the service and will offer indoor seating for about 900 individuals, including additional First Parish members, townspeople, members of the Wayland School Department, town staff and high school youth.
- Audio for the service will be broadcast on the lawn at First Parish for those who wish to remain outdoors.
Update (July 15, 10 a.m.): First Parish has provided some additional information that has been incorporated into the article below.
A memorial service for will take place Saturday, July 16, at 11 a.m.
The service will occur at in Wayland.
"Lauren Astley’s memorial service is an extraordinary moment for the First Parish congregation and our town," reads a press announcement from First Parish. "As you can imagine, there are many needs that must be balanced, including the wishes of Lauren’s parents, the guidelines that the Police and Fire departments require us to follow, the very large number of people we expect will attend and our physical space limitations."
The sanctuary of First Parish will be fully occupied by the Dunne and Astley family and friends, and the vestry of First Parish will provide limited seating for members of First Parish.
Trinitarian Congregational Church, across the street from First Parish, will accommodate additional First Parish members, townspeople, the high school youth, and the Wayland School Department and town staff.
Audio and video from the service will be available in the First Parish vestry and at Trinitarian Congregational.
In addition, speakers will project audio from the service on the grounds of First Parish, so individuals outside will be able to take part in the service.
There will be no parking available at First Parish Saturday as the parking lot is reserved for members of the Dunne and Astley families and participants in the service.
Satellite parking, however, will be available at the , Trinitarian Congregational, , , Camp Chickami and the .
First Student bus company will provide continuous shuttle service from 9:45 a.m.-2 p.m., with stops at the Wayland town center area, St. Ann's, Temple Shir Tikva and the Islamic Center of Boston.
In lieu of flowers, individuals are invited to contribute to the Lauren Dunne Astley Memorial Fund. The fund's mission is the promotion of dynamic educational programs, particularly those in the areas of the development of healthy teen relationships, the arts and community service. Contributions may be mailed to the Village Bank, 62 Boston Post Road, Wayland, MA, 01778.