1. Vigil. Tonight marks the one-year anniversary of the death of Lauren Dunne Astley. A will be held this evening at 7 at First Parish.
2. Council on Aging. The board meets today at 7 p.m. If you're interested in the agenda, check out the Town of Wayland website.
3. Plan Ahead. The Wayland Public Library and other government offices will be closed tomorrow in recognition of the Fourth of July. If you have business at a government office, or need books to entertain yourself on July 4, take care of everything today.
4. Hot Temps, Cool Beach. The Wayland Town Beach is open for the season and the new beach house is up and running.
5. Welcome, Idaho. On this date in 1890, Idaho became the 43rd state. According to History.com, Idaho was the last of the states to be explored by white explorers.