1. Observing Veterans Day. Nov. 11 fell on a Sunday this year, so it's being recognized today. That means schools, town buildings and offices, the library and a few other places are closed. Check out our full list here.
2. Veterans Recognized. Wayland will pay tribute to its veterans during a ceremony at the Veterans Memorial located at the Wayland Town Buidling. The ceremony begins at 10:45 a.m.
3. Curious Creatures and Entertaining the Kids. The Wayland Children and Parents Association brings its annual Curious Creatures program to the gym at Wayland Town Building. WCPA members are $5 per person ($20 max per family) and non-members are $8 ($30 max per family).
4. Volunteer Opportunity. The Wayland Cultural Council is looking for volunteers to serve on the Local Cultural Council program, which "is the largest grassroots cultural funding network in the nation, supporting thousands of community-based projects in the arts, humanities, and sciences annually." Without an adequate volunteer base, the the council could lose its state funding.
5. Newsletter Opportunity. If you aren't getting the Wayland Patch newsletter in your inbox each morning, you're missing out on a simple way to see the latest headlines. Sign up today for daily, weekly or breaking newsletters (or all three!)