1. The Deadline Arrives. Today's the day: Tax bills are due. Keep in mind that the Wayland Town Building closes at 12:30 p.m. on Fridays. Of course, there is the online payment option ...
2. Weekly Health Clinic. It's time for the Parmenter Community Health Center's weekly free blood glucose and blood pressure screenings.
3. In Case You Missed It ... Wayland High senior basketball player Jaleel Bell had quite a week -- eclipsing the 1,000-point mark for his career with WHS. Check out the video of him scoring the big point in Tuesday's game against Boston Latin.
4. Knife Sharpening This Weekend. Patti Small with On The Edge Knife Sharpening will be at the Wayland Winter Farmers' Market this Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
5. National Freedom Day. On Feb. 1, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln signed the resolution that would become the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery in the U.S. According to Wikipedia, former slave Richard Robert Wright Sr., believed there should be a day celebrating freedom for Americans. Feb. 1 was declared National Freedom Day by President Harry Truman in 1948.