1. Helping Sandy's Four-Legged Victims. Especially for Pets is serving as a drop-off point for donations that Animal Shelter in Sterling is transporting down to Long Island, N.Y. The list of needed donations is here and the items can be dropped off at the Wayland Especially for Pets through noon today.
2. Breezy Point Project Needs Donations for Sandy Victims. Beginning Friday, residents can begin dropping off donations at a truck outside the Wayland Town Center Stop & Shop. The donations are heading to Breezy Point, N.Y., an area hit hard by the Oct. 29 hurricane. Check out details of the specific items that are needed and the story behind this effort.
3. Economic Development Committee Talks Route 20 Project. The possible housing project on the town's old Route 20 septage site is on the agenda for tonight. The High School Building Committee and Cable Advisory Committee are also scheduled to meet tonight.
4. Newsletters. If you aren't getting the Wayland Patch newsletter in your inbox each morning, you're missing out on a simple way to see the latest headlines. Sign up today for daily, weekly or breaking newsletters (or all three!)
5. Those with Allergies, Need Not Apply. November is Peanut Butter Lovers Month. We suspect this developed as an excuse to polish off the Reese's cups collected during trick-or-treating, but can't verify that. Regardless of the reason, slather some peanut butter on bread ... or crackers ... or an apple ... or celery ... of about anything else and celebrate today.