1. Sandy Power. As of 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, the number of Wayland customers without power was down to 290 (5 percent). There was significant progress made during the day on Tuesday, but we're wondering whether it is enough. Check out our weekly question, "On a Scale of 1-10, Rate Nstar's Storm Response" and tell us what you think.
2. Cheering On. Wayland High School will play host tonight to the DCL Cheerleading Competitions. Last year's squad came away the champions and will look to repeat in front of the home crowd.
3. All that Candy. By now you've sorted through the haul from last night and are already wondering how to stay out of it and not completely ruin your teeth or your diet. Wayland elementary schools will be collecting candy in boxes until Nov. 6 to go to the Wayland Council on Aging. If you'd rather donate to the troops, you need to talk to your dentist.
4. Meetings Resume. There is a full slate of meetings on the agenda in Wayland tonight, including the rescheduled Board of Selectmen meeting. Here's the preview of that meeting, except that the executive session will take place next week. Tonight's meeting begins at 7.
5. Halloween Parade. Just in case you didn't get enough candy last night, children are invited to trick-or-treat at the Wayland Town Building this afternoon from 3:30-4:30 during the annual Halloween Parade.