1. Dining Out Tonight. There are some spots in the area offering special New Year's Eve dining options tonight. There are also some places closing up early. Check out our local list before you make plans for tonight.
2. Snow Photos. Remember to upload your fun photos of Wayland's first big snowfall of the season. We've started a gallery that you can help us fill out.
3. New Year's Eve Hours. Just a reminder that the Wayland Town Building and Wayland Public Library will both close at 3 p.m. today. Additionally, remember that the transfer station will not be open tomorrow but will be open on Wednesday this week.
4. Newsletters. If you aren't getting the Wayland Patch newsletter in your inbox each morning, you're missing out on a simple way to see the latest headlines. Sign up today for daily, weekly or breaking newsletters (or all three!)
5. Goodbye, 2012! As one year passes and we look ahead to another year, allow us to introduce you to Janus, the Roman god "of beginnings and transitions," according to Wikipedia. The month of January was named in his honor.