1. Economic Development Meeting. Tonight at 7 the Economic Development Committee will be talking the River's Edge development on Route 20 (at the old septage site) as well as goals for 2013. The full agenda is available online.
2. Did You See This? The Wayland Board of Selectmen has decided on a uniform tax rate for FY13. Details are here.
3. Meteor Shower Tonight. The Geminid Meteor Shower is expected to peak overnight tonight. Check out these details.
4. Post on Patch. Have an announcement or event that the community needs to know about? Post it on Wayland Patch. Just sign up for a username and password, head to the appropriate section of the site and follow the "Add an Event/Announcement" links.
5. Captured. It's been nine years since U.S. troops discovered dictator Saddam Hussein hiding in a hole outside Tikrit, Iraq. Hussein went into hiding soon after the Americna invasion earlier that year. He was later tried and executed by hanging.