1. Water Dancing. The Longfellow Sports Clubs are starting a Brazilian Beat Water Exercise class for seniors. Today's first class is free, and the six-week course is $60.
2. Book and Bake Sale. It opens tonight for members of the Friends of the Wayland Library. For everyone else, you visit the sale on Saturday and Sunday.
3. Facebook Friends. As Sandy heads this way, now is the time to "friend" Wayland Patch on Facebook. During storms, Facebook is one of the quickest ways to get information about what's going on, where the power is out and more. If you aren't already following Patch on Facebook, do it now ... before the storm hits.
4. Health Clinic Day. Parmenter will be offering its free weekly clinics today with blood pressure and blood glucose screenings available at no charge.
5. 11 Years Under the Patriot Act. Today marks 11-year anniversary of the day Pres. George W. Bush signed the Patriot Act. It's probably safe to say it hasn't been a controversy free 11 years.