1. Drive for 500 continues. Our pursuit of reaching 500 followers on the Wayland Patch Facebook page continues. If you aren't following us already, hop to it. The Sudbury Patch page on Facebook is already over 500 and on the way to 1,000. Surely we don't want to let Sudbury beat us ...
2. Speak Up, Wayland. Yesterday we if a new building is constructed at Wayland Town Center. We have a couple of comments so far, but we know there are strong opinions out there. Speak up (comment up?) and let your voice be heard.
3. Check it Out. Temple Shir Tikva is holding an open house tonight. Stop by and learn more about the community and enjoy an ice cream social.
4. Heads Up Real Estate Agents. We're opening up our Thursday Sold and Friday House Hunt columns to you. Post the photos and details of your most recent sales on Thursdays (here's the link to yesterday's Sold column) and let us know the details of the upcoming weekend's open houses (House Hunt will post at noon today). Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
5. Boom! On Aug. 24 of the year 79 C.E., Mount Vesuvius erupted, wreaking havoc on southern Italy. Specifically, Pompeii and Herculaneum suffered heavy damage and thousands of people were killed. The cities were never rebuilt after being buried under mud and lava.