Wayland Police Log: Arrests, A Sick Squirrel and A Dog Bite (Nov. 22-27)
The following information was supplied by the Wayland Joint Communications Center. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Mouse over the pins in the map for information about police or fire activity at that location. The same information, as well as items that cannot be mapped, is provided below.
- 45 Lake Shore Drive; Nov. 22, 1:11 p.m. - Caller reported a dead rabbit in her yard and a sick squirrel on her patio. Animal Control Officer Dave Poirier was contacted.
- 96 Main St.; Nov. 23, 2:50 p.m. - Motor vehicle accident involving a utility pole.
- 238 Main St.; Nov. 24, 1:53 a.m. Caller reported someone trying to enter his home. Police arrived to find a neighbor attempting to enter at the wrong address.
- 30 Dudley Road; Nov. 24, 2:52 p.m. - Caller reported brother to be intoxicated and disruptive. Police placed Andrew Fitch in protective custody.
- 31 Snake Brook Road; Nov. 25, 10:31 a.m. - Mailbox vandalism reported.
- 35 Main St.; Nov. 25, 3:05 p.m. - Arrest of Joanne Cook, 51, of 128 Cherry St., in Framingham. Cook was charged with larceny over $250. A police press release states Wayland PD assisted with an internal loss prevention investigation regarding theft of lottery tickets totaling $35,000 over the course of three years.
- 6 Glezen Lane; Nov. 26, 1:13 p.m. - Bicyclists reported they were "forced off the roadway" by a white Chevy Trailblazer. Officer located the vehicle and spoke with the operator.
- 27 Pequot Road; Nov. 26, 4:01 p.m. - Unauthorized burning.
- 125 Old Sudbury Road; Nov. 27, 1:09 p.m. - Motor vehicle crash with injuries.
- 7 Ridgefield Road; Nov. 27, 4:37 p.m. - Caller reported her daughter was bitten by a dog.
- 171 Commonwealth Road; Nov. 27, 11:08 p.m. - Police place Grace Fogarty in protective custody. She was subsequently arrested and charged with assault and battery on a police officer. See full article for more details.
- 21 Plain Road; Nov. 28; 1:08 p.m. - Horses escaped from this address and were "re-corralled" by an ambulance crew en route to a training activity.
- 14 Glover Road; Nov. 28, 3:57 p.m. - Caller reported hearing a gunshot in the woods.