Police Log: Flaming Bananas, Late Nights on the Lake and More
(Aug. 1-7, 2012) The following information was supplied by the Wayland Joint Communications Center. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Editor's Note: This article was amended Aug. 8, 2012, after charges were dropped.
Mouse over the pins in the map for information about police or fire activity at that location. The same information, as well as items that cannot be mapped, is provided below.
- 150 Commonwealth Road; Aug. 1, 10:26 a.m. - Caller reported an "elderly couple yelling and shoving."
- 74 Commonweath Road; Aug. 1, 8:29 p.m. - Caller reported being "locked in" after remaining on the lake after hours.
- 67 Old Connecticut Path; Aug. 3, 12:32 a.m. - Caller reported driving past a woman in a blue dress who was trying to wave the caller down. The caller "was too nervous" to stop. The woman was looking for her cousin's house.
- 20 Crest Road; Aug. 3, 12:53 a.m. - A person came out to his car after work to find the windshield had been smashed.
- 27 Parkland Drive; Aug. 4, 12:57 a.m. - Two individuals were reported at the boat ramp. They were there for a late-night swim.
- 25 Mitchell Street; Aug. 4, 9:20 p.m. - Vehicle reported stolen in the overnight.
- 29 Three Ponds Road; Aug. 7, 10:32 a.m. - Caller reported that someone put bananas on a paper, lit the paper on fire, rang the doorbell and fled.