Police Log: Missing Horses, A Fight in Progress and A Number of Arrests
(Police log Jan. 8-14, 2013) The following information was supplied by the Wayland Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction.
Mouse over the pins in the map for information about what took place at that location. The same information, and sometimes additional information, is available below. Please note, not all log items have a specific address that can be mapped. In those cases, the information is only presented below in text form.
Additionally, this is only a sample of the items in the police log -- it is the items we deemed most interesting to Patch readers.
- 235 Pelham Island Road; Jan. 8, 8:06 a.m. - Report of people on the ice of Heard Pond.
- 27 Concord Road; Jan. 8, 9:48 a.m. - Caller reported a deer was trapped in her neighbor's yard and was hurting itself trying to escape. Sgt. Walsh coaxed the deer out of the yard.
- 204 Boston Post Road; Jan. 8, 7:30 p.m. - Disabled Peter Pan bus.
- 124 East Plain Street; Jan. 8, 7:50 p.m. - A caller reported a fight in progress between a man and woman behind Villa Restaurant. The suspects were gone before officers arrived.
- 150 Commonwealth Road; Jan. 9, 8:56 a.m. - Caller reported a woman screaming in the parking lot.
- 74 Old Connecticut Path; Jan. 10, 2:03 a.m. - Report of a tree down and blocking the road.
- 131 Boston Post Road; Jan. 10, 9:50 a.m. - Arrest of Marisa Florentino, 46, of Maplewood Avenue in Marlborough. Folowing a motor vehicle stop related to an inspection sticker violation, Florentino was arrested and charged with unlicensed operation and failure to inspect.
- 2 Pesce Drive; Jan. 10, 3:25 p.m. - Caller reported that a suspicious male had been sitting in a vehicle in front of his house every day for several days.
- 3 Hobbs Road; Jan. 11, 3:58 p.m. - Caller requested assistance regarding a dog chasing an injured deer.
- 235 Pelham Island Road; Jan. 12, 11:48 a.m. - Caller reported a person ice fishing on Heard Pond and he believed it to be unsafe.
- 104 Oxbow Road; Jan. 13, 1:23 a.m. - Arrest of Luis Martin, 46, of Oxbow Road in Wayland. The arrest occurred after Hopkinton Police contacted Wayland PD regarding probable cause to arrest Martin for domestic assault and battery. Martin was arrested and released to Hopkinton PD.
- 41 Concord Road; Jan. 13, 4:33 p.m. - Caller reported two horses missing or possibly stolen.
- 15 Old Sudbury Road; Jan. 13, 7:47 a.m. - Arrest of William Taylor, 31, of Hale Road in Stow. Hale was arrested after a motor vehicle stop for speeding. An investigation revealed he was under the influence of alcohol and his license had been revoked. Additionally, a small pipe filled with marijuana was found during booking. Taylor was charged with speeding, OUI alcohol, operating after a revoked license, and a civil marijuana violation.