Police Log: Alpaca in a Garage, Assault with a Shoe and More
(Police log Dec. 5-10, 2012) The following information was supplied by the Wayland Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned in does not indicate a conviction.
Mouse over the pins in the map for information about what took place at that location. The same information, and sometimes additional information, is available below. Please note, not all log items have a specific address that can be mapped. In those cases, the information is only presented below in text form.
- 47 Old Sudbury Road; Dec. 6, 9:20 a.m. - Person came to the police station to report vandalism.
- 412 Commonwealth Road; Dec. 7, 2:40 p.m. - Report of suspicious person in Loker Conservation Area.
- 2 Catherine's Farm Road; Dec. 7, 5:47 p.m. - Caller reported a suspicious animal hanging from the garage. Officers reported the animal to be an alpaca from Lincoln that was undergoing therapy for an injury.
- 86 Claypit Hill Road; Dec. 7, 9:45 p.m. - Caller reported a group of kids behind the school.
- 86 Claypit Hill Road; Dec. 7, 10:04 p.m. - Janitor reported seeing kids running on the roof of the school.
- 607 Wisteria Way; Dec. 8, 10:15 p.m. - Arrest of Michael Gilbert, 18, of the same address. According to police, Gilbert was arrested and charged with domestic assault and battery following an incident with his mother. When officers arrived, Gilbert had left the area, but was later located driving on Rice Road.
- 484 Boston Post Road; Dec. 9, 4:37 a.m. - Officers responded to a call from Sudbury Police reporting a roll-over accident in which a utility pole was struck and snapped. One person was transported to the Lahey Clinic and the driver will be summonsed for operating under the influence of liquor.
- 44 Main Street; Dec. 10, 8:24 p.m. - Arrest of Yasmin Chalisa, 38, of Brian Road in Franklin, Mass. According to police, a passerby reported an argument in the parking lot at Especially for Pets. Officers arrived and arrested Chalisa for slapping her husband and hitting him with her shoe. She has been charged with assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. For more on this story, check out "Police Arrest Woman After Altercation in Especially for Pets Parking Lot."