Police Log: A Stolen Vending Machine, A Test Drive Mishap and Arrests
The following information was supplied by the Wayland Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction.
Mouse over the pins in the map for information about what took place at that location. The same information, and sometimes additional information, is available below. Please note, not all log items have a specific address that can be mapped. In those cases, the information is only presented below in text form.
Additionally, this is only a sample of the items in the police log. Patch prints all arrests and other items we deem most interesting to Patch readers.
- 24 Country Corners Road; Feb. 1, 12:35 p.m. - Caller said his unlocked car was broken into overnight.
- 184 Cochituate Road; Feb. 1, 2:50 p.m. - Report of a domestic situation came in. According to a police press release, a male suspect turned himself in later in the day at the police station. Herbert Hanson, 30, of 184 Cochituate Road, was arrested and charged with domestic assault and battery. He was released on bail after promising to appear in court at a later date.
- 264 Boston Post Road; Feb. 1, 4:24 p.m. - Four car motor vehicle crash. Two cars were towed and two were released to their operators.
- 139 Boston Post Road; Feb. 2, 10:30 a.m. - Arrest of Jeremy Blank, 36, of Madison in Marlborough. Following a motor vehicle stop, Blank was arrested and charged with operating after suspension and failure to inspect.
- 171 Commonwealth Road; Feb. 2, 2:19 p.m. - Theft of a small vending machine from J.J. McKays.
- 536 Boston Post Road; Feb. 2, 5:30 p.m. - Manager of the Land Rover dealership reported a minor vehicle accident during a test drive.
- 34 Wayland Hills Road; Feb. 2, 5:36 p.m. - Mailbox damage reported.
- Boston Post Road; Feb. 4, 9:59 a.m. - Arrest of Robert Gaffney, 44, of Moddy Street in Newton. Following a motor vehicle stop, Gaffney was arrested and charged with operating with a suspended license, driving without an inspection sticker and on an outstanding traffic warrant.