Police and Fire Log: A Bizarre Fire Station Visitor and a Coyote
(July 5-9, 2012) The following information was supplied by the Wayland Joint Communications Center. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Mouse over the pins in the map for information about police or fire activity at that location. The same information, as well as items that cannot be mapped, is provided below.
- 397 Boston Post Road; July 5, 2:01 p.m. - Caller reported having been bitten by a dog at Russell's. Only first aid was needed and the dog officer was notified.
- 14 Winthrop Road; July 6, 5:40 a.m. - Possible stolen vehicle reported. A later police press release indicated that the vehicle was, in fact, stolen. See this article for more details.
- Stonebridge Road; July 6, 12:58 p.m. - Passerby reported spotting a coyote in a front yard.
- 1 Trinity Place; July 6, 3:51 p.m. - Vehicle breaking and entering reported. The doors were unlocked.
- 67 Cochituate Road; July 7, 10:27 a.m. - Caller reported her vehicle was entered at some point during the night and an undetermined amount of change was taken.
- 123 Dudley Road; July 7, 10:18 p.m. - Report of fireworks being set off.
- 98 Dudley Road; July 7, 11:23 p.m. - Report of fireworks being set off.
- 258 Old Connecticut Path; July 8, 9:40 a.m. - Chemical accident at Wayland Community Pool. See "HAZMAT Scene Cleared at Wayland Pool Closed" for more.
- 65 Cochituate Road; July 8, 3:40 p.m. - Caller returned from vacation to find that her motor vehicle had been burglarized.
- 10 Anthony Road; July 8, 7:08 p.m. - Caller reported a possibly intoxicated man riding a bicycle near Lavin's Liquors. The bicyclist fled police and was soon located and placed in protective custody.
- 145 Main Street; July 9, 3:57 a.m. - Caller reported a man was yelling, "Fire," though his exact location was uncertain. A second call reported the man was banging on the door at Fire Station 2. There was no fire, but the man was intoxicated.