5 Things: Youth Council Meeting, Health Clinic, Grand Canyon and More
A few things you need to know on Jan. 11, 2013, in Wayland.
1. Morning Meeting. The Youth Advisory Council meets today at 8:45 a.m. The group will gather at Wayland Town Building and the agenda is available online.
2. Noontime Book Group. Been reading "The Funeral Party" by Lyudmila Ulitskaya? Today's the day to join your neighbors and discuss it. The noontime book group will gather at the Wayland Public Library from 12 p.m.-2 p.m.
3. Health Clinic. It's Friday and that means the Parmenter Community Health Center clinic will be offering free blood pressure and blood glucose screenings today.
4. Post on Patch. We're always interested in seeing your announcements and events on Wayland Patch, and it's quick and easy to add them to the site yourself. Talk about instant gratification. Just click "join" in the upper, right-hand corner; create a username and password; and then head to the Events of Announcements section to add your own info.
5. The Day the Grand Canyon was Born. OK, not really. Today is just the anniversary of the day in 1908 when Theodore Roosevelt named the Grand Canyon a national monument. Have you visited there? What did you think? National monument worthy?