5 Things: Hurricane Updates, Tax Bills and More
Yes, Hurricane Sandy has passed, but we're several days away from being able to move on in Wayland.
1. Tax Bills. It's probably not what you want to be thinking about right now, but tax bills are due on Nov. 1 and we didn't want you to forget in the midst of all the hurricane brouhaha. You can pay them online through the Town of Wayland website.
2. Hurricane Info Center for Wayland. Patch will continue to maintain and update the Hurricane Info Center as long as it makes sense to do so. We may transition to a post-hurricane article later today, but that will be noted in the info center. Keep following that article for regular updates.
3. Power Outages. Nstar is maintaining an outage map. It won't give you details down to the street, but it does show you how Wayland compares to neighboring towns and offers overall numbers.
4. Did You See This? In all the excitement yesterday, did you see the story about the restaurant planned for the Finnerty's site? We understand how it could have gotten lost in all the excitement, so have a look today.
5. Photos of Sandy. There are some pretty incredible shots being uploaded to our photo gallery. Huge branch down at Hannah Williams, tree onto a house and a crazy wind and rain video of Dudley Pond. Upload your own images and videos ... that way you can point people to the gallery and say, "This is what Frankenstorm did to my town."