5 Things: Hurricane Info, Meetings, Estate Planning and More
The hurricane is probably the thing on the top of your mind, but there are a few other things to keep in mind today.
1. Hurricane Sandy. This hurricane is bearing down and we know you want to stay informed. Stick with Wayland Patch's "Hurricane Sandy Center" for local updates ... all the information that matters to you in Wayland.
2. Meetings. There are several boards and committees lined up to meet tonight ... and we'll keep you posted if that changes due to the storm. For now, the Board of Selectmen, Board of Public Works and Cultural Council are on the schedule. Check out the agendas.
3. Estate Planning Workshop. The Wayland Public Library is hosting Ken Shulman, partner in Day Pitney LLP, and Dave Harmon, financial adviser at AXA Advisors, as they discuss estate planning for families of individuals with special needs. CANCELED
4. Did You See This? Over the weekend, we ran a story about two Wayland friends and moms who are looking for their next venture now that their kids are getting older. They're thinking Beautiful, Original, Distinctive activewear.
5. One Year Ago Today ... Wayland and the larger region were shocked by an early season nor'easter that dumped enough snow on still-leafy trees to bring down limbs and leave large parts of the area without power for days. Hard to believe we're bracing for another storm today.
Editor's Note: The School Committee meeting originally mentioned above has been canceled. It has been removed from the list. Addtionally, the estate planning workshop has been postponed as well.