5 Things: Health Clinic, Wayland Reads and a Deadline Reminder
A few things you need to know on Dec. 28, 2012, in Wayland.
1. Health Clinic. The weekly health clinic at Parmenter Community Health Care will take place as usual today. Stop by between 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. for free blood pressure and blood glucose screenings.
2. Did You Know? The 2013 theme for Wayland Reads is "Wayland Reads Poetry." As you look forward to a new year, get ready to think in rhyme (or free verse, if that's your preference). More details will be announced soon.
3. Photography on Display. The foyer exhibit at the Wayland Public Library right now is images by photographer Suzanne McMahon. Check it out before the display turns over.
4. Post on Patch. We're always interested in seeing your announcements and events on Wayland Patch, and it's quick and easy to add them to the site yourself. Talk about instant gratification. Just click "join" in the upper, right-hand corner; create a username and password; and then head to the Events of Announcements section to add your own info.
5. New Year's Eve Deadline. Because a reminder can never hurt, you have until New Year's Eve to make charitable donations that you plan to claim on your 2012 tax return. So clean out the closets and head to a local donation location or write the check you've been meaning to write to your favorite charity.