5 Things: Dog Licenses, Audit Committee, Job Hunting and More
A few things you need to know on Jan. 3, 2013, in Wayland.
1. Meeting Tonight. Time to get back in the meeting groove. The Audit Committee will meet tonight at 7 at Wayland Town Building. Check out the agenda for more information.
2. Dog Licensing Time. The Town of Wayland requires that all dog owners license their dogs each year. The licensing period is Jan. 1-Dec. 31 of each year. You can print the paperwork online and pay your fee ($15 for each neutered/spayed dog and $20 otherwise) at the Town Clerk's office. The deadline to license your dog is Jan. 15.
3. New Year, New Job? If you've decided to make 2013 the year of a job change, you might be interested to know that you can access a variety of career and job-related tips, tricks and information via the Wayland Public Library. You just need your library card number.
4. Newsletters. If you aren't getting the Wayland Patch newsletter in your inbox each morning, you're missing out on a simple way to see the latest headlines. Sign up today for daily, weekly or breaking newsletters (or all three!)
5. Women Rock. On this date in 1987, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted its first woman. Do you know who it was? A quick hint, in order to be considered for induction, an artist must have released his/her first album at least 25 years ago. That means this rock 'n roll lady's first album must have been released in 1962 or before. Post your guesses in the comments section below!