5 Things: Burning Permits, Wind Chills, Meetings and A Beer Anniversary
A few things you need to know on Jan. 24, 2013, in Wayland.
1. Burning Permits Reminder. Open Burning Season is going on now, but you must apply for a permit to burn. The application is available online. Check out our recent You Ask, Patch Answers column for details.
2. Did You See This? Wind chills are going to be extreme again today. Bundle up and check out these MEMA tips for winter weather safety.
3. Meeting Tonight. The Conservation Commission is scheduled to meet otnight at 7:30. The agenda is available online.
4. Post on Patch. We're always interested in seeing your announcements and events on Wayland Patch, and it's quick and easy to add them to the site yourself. Talk about instant gratification. Just click "join" in the upper, right-hand corner; create a username and password; and then head to the Events of Announcements section to add your own info.
5. Raise a ... Can. On this date in 1935, canned beer debuted. The Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company delivered 2,000 cans of beer to Richmond, Va., and the response was overwhelmingly positive. So much so that full production was given the go-ahead, according to History.com.