5 Things: A Found Dog, Holiday Hours Reminder and Winnie-the-Pooh
A few things you need to know on Jan. 18, 2013, in Wayland.
1. Holiday Hours. Don't forget that the Wayland Town Building, Wayland Public Library, post offices and other federal and state offices will be closed on Monday. If you have time-sensitive business to attend to, better put it on the to-do list today or plan to wait for Tuesday.
2. Weekly Health Clinic. Parmenter Community Health Center will offer its typical Friday blood pressure and blood glucose screenings today.
3. In Case You Missed It. The 1-year-old Doberman, Fico, who went missing on Tuesday has been found safe and sound. Patch did receive an email thanking folks for their help and keeping an eye out.
4. Post on Patch. We're always interested in seeing your announcements and events on Wayland Patch, and it's quick and easy to add them to the site yourself. Talk about instant gratification. Just click "join" in the upper, right-hand corner; create a username and password; and then head to the Events of Announcements section to add your own info.
5. Winnie-the-Pooh Day! On this date in 1882, A.A.Milne was born in England. The author is the father of Winnie-the-Pooh ... he's also the father of one son Christopher Robin, for whom the boy character in the Winnie-the-Pooh stories is named.