Wayland Baseball & Frozen Ropes Summer Clinic Open House
INVITE A FRIEND TO PLAY next Thursday
at Claypit Hill School Field 6 pm to 8 pm
On THURSDAY, August 2 , WBSA is hosting an “Open House” for boys or girls in Kindergarten to 3rd grade. Join us for fun, exercise and learn to play !
Sign up is underway and WBSA is encouraging new players to register for Winter and Spring 2013 Instructional & Development programs.
This opportunity will be limited to ten (10) children. If you know friends or neighbor’s who are interested in developing their child’s skills and having fun with their peers and would like to learn more about Wayland baseball, please reply with their name, child’s name, age and school.
Space is limited. Please email waylandbaseballand softball.com to register.
WBSA continues to review methods to enhance the experience for all Baseball and Softball players and we welcome your feedback.
We have taken some steps that move us towards an approach that is consistent with the Long Term Athletic Development Model and reducing sports specialization injuries for young athletes?
Some of the principals we have adopted in our program that are consistent with the LTAD model.
1. Balance ratio of skill development and practice with competitive games.
2. Teaching the essential age appropriate skills necessary to enjoy the game.
3. Allowing players to develop at their own pace, less focus on “elite” teams and balancing all player’s unique development
4. Making sure all players are enjoying the sport and having fun playing.
5. Encouraging participation in multi-sport and an off-season to avoid overuse and burnout.
We believe that this approach will build confidence and maximize the player development in baseball and other athletic endeavors. We also believe this is consistent with our WBSA Mission Statement
We appreciate your thoughts and feedback.